Better Living recommends our Toronto customers use natural household products that are free of harmful chemicals, pesticides, and heavy metals as these all can have a negative impact on your family’s health. All of the products we sell are safe and effective, helping you maintain a clean, healthy household that is toxin-free.
If you are uncertain about the need for healthy, natural products in your household, just consider some of these facts:
- Of the 70,000 new chemical compounds that have been created and used in common household products since 1950, a very small fraction have been tested for safe use by humans.
- 150 common chemicals found in our homes are linked to cancer, allergies, defects at birth, and other disorders.
- Personal care products contain a wide range of chemicals: 884 of those chemicals are toxic, tumors can result from using 146 of them, and 218 can be responsible for complications in the reproductive system.
- For women who work in the home, they have a 54% greater chance of dying due to cancer than women who do not work at home.
The need for the use of natural and healthy products is clear, and we have made a commitment to offer you the best options available.
Here are just a few products that you can use around your house; they are simple to incorporate into your daily routine, but offer substantial benefits to your family’s wellness.
Natural Household Cleaning Products
- Himalayan Salt Lamps: While sodium tends to be a dietary problem for some people, salt itself actually has other uses that can be beneficial. A salt lamp helps reduce indoor air irritants and pollutants, and can reduce the electro-smog accumulated in your home. We offer beautiful Himalayan Salt Lamps utilizing either electric light bulbs or tealights, which can rejuvenate and purify the air in your home. Keeping a lamp or two in each room can help you create a calm, pollutant-free environment. Some additional benefits attributed to salt lamps include improved mood and concentration, improvements in respiratory health and assisting with the bodies natural healing processes.
- Water Filtration Systems: Better Living offers a variety of water filtration and purification systems to filter chlorine and other contaminants from both drinking and shower water. Few people realize how damaging the chlorine they are exposed to in the shower can be to their eyes, lungs and skin. and for this reason we offer a variety of easy to install shower filters. Better Living also carries a full line of alkaline water filtration and purification systems, including the Santevia Alkaline Water Pitcher, Alkaline Gravity System, and Alkaline Reverse Osmosis System.
- Candles: Candles can create a soothing, relaxing ambiance in your home; however, the wrong candles can release harmful pollutants into the air when the chemicals in them are released as they burn. Better Living offers our Toronto clients three choices for natural, chemical-free candles to light up your home: Pacifica Soy Candles, Honey Candles made of 100% pure beeswax, and Scents Alive made of 100% vegewax. Each brand features high-quality, slow-burning candles free of petroleum, paraffin, animal fat, and lead, and are available in a number of attractive shapes, colors, sizes, and scents.
- Portable Air Ionizers and Purifiers: Indoor air quality is a problem recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency. The air inside your home may be 2 to 5 times more hazardous than outdoor air; that is why Better Living suggests air ionizers and purifiers as a way to have a naturally clean household. Heavens Fresh air ionizers and purifiers can improve your indoor air quality and help improve respiratory symptoms and allergies. This Toronto-based company was started in 2003, and offers devices that can remove allergens, germs, pet dander, odours, dust, mold spores, viruses, bacteria, pollen and other harmful pollutants. In addition Better Living also sells high quality Heaven Fresh digital ultrasonic cool and warm mist humidifiers with aromatherapy function.
We invite you to consult with one of our friendly professionals to learn more about the steps you can take to having a cleaner, healthier home the natural way.