There has been a lot of medical research being carried out on finding a solution to hair loss problems. It has been medically proven that proper nutrition which includes vitamins and minerals can be helpful in reducing hair loss. Hair loss or balding is a genetic trait that but you can certainly do your bit to reduce this problem through proper nutrition. Hair products such as shampoos and masks help reduce hair loss. These products accompanied with proper nutrition can aid in the growth of hair. To start with, go for a hair mineral testing. The fact is that minerals play a very important role in keeping hair healthy and reducing the problems of hair loss. Hair mineral testing is a non invasive test that measures the levels of various minerals in the hair scalp. Once you are done with hair mineral testing you would know exactly which of the following tips you should follow in order to reduce hair loss.
1. Protein aids hair growth – Most of us do not notice that hair is made up of protein and hence adding protein to your diet can aid hair growth. You can eat meat and dairy products. Protein shakes made from whey can also be helpful
2. Vitamin C is required for healthy hair – Suggested intake of vitamin C is 1500 to 3000 mg per day. You can improve your vitamin C intake by consuming citrus fruits.
3. Vitamin B increase hair growth – Vitamin B is required for hair growth. You take your daily requirement of Vitamin B through nutrition supplements that contain all the B complex vitamins.
4. Iron reduces hair loss – Iron aids in the circulation of blood in the scalp and hence fuels hair growth
5. Consume more water – The hair shaft comprises of 25% water, hence drinking 6 to 8 cups of water everyday can improve hair growth
6. Reduce the consumption of alcohol – Alcohol has been found to adversely affect hair growth. Reduce the alcohol consumption and you would see an increase in hair growth
7. Hormones are responsible for hair growth – Hormones have been found to influence hair growth. As the level of hormones decreases with age, so does the hair growth. Go through a blood test to measure the level of hormones in your body and then you can add bio identical hormones to the diet. This tip will be more beneficial for females. Natural foods are also a source of certain hormones for example wild yam is a good source of estrogen.
8. Vitamin E aids hair growth – Vitamin aids hair growth and can either be taken internally or can be applied over the scalp. It basically works by improving the circulation in the scalp.
9. Smoking is responsible for hair loss – Smoking causes reduced blood flow to the scalp and hence reduces hair growth.
10. Vitamin A promotes healthy hair – Vitamin A promotes vibrant shiny hair as it works along with the fat synthesis going on in the hair follicles to promote hair growth. Introduce eggs, squash, carrots and kale to your diet