Pycnogenol, known as nature’s super antioxidant, is a unique, safe and effective natural plant extract that originates from the bark of the maritime pine trees of southwestern France. Inside you will find a blend of antioxidant compounds (procyanidins, bioflavonoids and organic acid), all of which are beneficial to your health as it neutralizes the harmful effects of free radicals, enabling the body to better heal and repair itself.
It’s healing powers that have been used for centuries and it is one of the most well researched food supplements in the world, passing extensive safety tests. Scientific research has demonstrated the effectiveness of its claimed health benefits which are known to improve heart and circulatory health, skin care, joint health, glucose control, sports nutrition and menstrual discomfort.
You should supplement with Pycnogenol because….
• It is a natural anti-inflammatory and can significantly reduce the harmful effects of inflammation in the body. Inflammation in the body can be a result of allergies, asthma, arthritis, stress or wound infections.
• It acts as a collagen stabilizer by binding to collagen and elastin in the skin which results in increased skin elasticity, smoothness and a more youthful appearance
• It restores healthy production of nitric oxide, therefore enhancing blood microcirculation and improving blood flow to the muscles. This helps the body achieve peak muscle performance and speeds up recovery after exercise, which may result in reduction of muscular aches in athletes and healthy individuals
• It has had a profound impact on heart health where it helps maintain healthy circulation by increasing vasodilation of blood vessels, consequently improving blood flow (tip: use during air travel to help relieve swollen hands and feet).
• It normalizes blood vessel diameter naturally maintaining normal blood pressure
• It is shown to lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) while increasing good cholesterol (HDL)
• It is known to improve joint health by showing considerable relief from distress and stiffness
• It is known to normalize blood sugar levels by slowing down the activity of an enzyme in the small intestine which breaks down starchy carbohydrate-rich foods. It slows the absorption of carbohydrates and consequently lowers the glucose load of the blood stream.
• It is known to improve your eye health by strengthening retinal capillaries and preserves eye sight; research has shown that the combined ingredients of Pycnogenol and bilberry extract can reduce the likelihood of developing glaucoma.
• It has been proven to help with PMS related symptoms by soothing any discomfort such as breast tenderness, cramping and abdominal pain sensation; it also reduces symptoms such as hot flashes, bloating and fatigue during menopause transition
• It recycles and spares other antioxidants such as vitamins C and E so they act longer and are more effective while in the body
Is Pycnogenol Safe?
Absolutely. In fact it is one of the most well researched food supplements in the world and has passed extensive safety tests. Toxicity test results have demonstrated that Pycnogenol is safe, even at high doses for longer periods of time.
How Much Should I Take and for How Long?
Typically when taken as a supplement a typical daily dosage of Pycnogenol should be 1mg per kilo of body weight. While no set guidelines exist for recommended dosages, standard product formulations range from 30mg to 100mg per capsule or tablet. Most science research suggests one to two capsules or tablets (or up to 100mg) can be taken daily for maximum effectiveness. Consider supplementing with Organika’s Pycnogenol available at Better Living as 50mg in 50 tablet or 100 tablets.
Why Choose Organika?
Organika is serious about bringing forward pure, potent and high quality supplementation to our clientele. They are committed to “truth in a bottle” or the Truth Label program; this is the product transparency from manufacturer to consumer that allows for an honest understanding of ingredients sourced, product benefits, and processing standards. It is Organika’s guarantee that every bottle contains ingredients sourced from the purest raw materials to provide the safest and most potent health products. Every raw material of the company is tested and Good Manufacturing Practices are certified to maintain quality, purity, and potency.
If you would like to learn more about Pycnogenol or any of Organika’s formulations please contact our dispensary and speak with one of our qualified health care professionals today.