Better Living in Toronto offers a variety of alternative methods to help support the body’s natural detoxification pathways. These include high quality herbal and homeopathic detox kits as well as offering the ion cleanse foot detox and our top seller the OJA organic castor oil compress.
Use of castor oil compresses topically to relieve congestion in the body dates as far back as 1550BC and is now widely accepted in alternative medicine circles as safe and effective. Better Living sells OJA Organic Castor Oil and castor oil compresses as the oil is organic and hexane free and the compresses consist of flannel inserts that are free of pesticides, dyes, and additives and a 100% organic cotton pack. This is a very important quality because the castor oil and cloth if not organic may contain chemicals which can leach onto skin and into the blood stream thereby increasing the toxic load on the body.
OJA organic castor oil compresses have many wonderful health benefits, including but not limited to:
- Regulating bowel movements
- Enhancing the immune system (stimulates lymph an d blood flow)
- Gently, yet effectively detoxifying the body
- Improving hormonal balance (reduces nodules, ovarian cysts, fibroids and relieves menstrual cramps)
- Relaxing (reduces stress and enhances sleep)
- Optimizing liver health and cleansing
- Improving hair growth and skin health
- Reducing inflammation in tissues, joints and muscles
- Reducing on scars, adhesions and offers pain relief
- Boosting the immune system (works on infections of all types)
Before starting your castor oil application, you will require the following:
- Organic castor oil
- Clean material like flannel, wool, or cotton (organic untreated cotton is best)
- Glass bowl or jar that you can pour the castor oil in over your cotton
- Hot water bottle or heating pad (heating pads work best)
- Old clothes, castor oil can stain!
- Plastic wrap or bags (kitchen or regular garbage bags work best)
- Clean towel
- Soak the flannel insert in your glass container with castor oil (enough to saturate the cloth but not dripping).
- Place a towel underneath where you’ll be resting and put on clothes you wouldn’t mind being stained.
- Lie down, get comfortable and place castor oil pack directly on the affected area (liver, stomach, uterus, etc.)
- Cover castor oil pack with plastic to protect your clothes from stains.
- Place heating pad or hot water bottle over plastic and castor oil pack.
- Rest and Relax. Try to get comfortable. You want to keep the pack on for min 45 min to an hour and half while catching up on some reading, or watching a movie.
- Once time is up, remove the flannel insert and wash with water and a little baking soda or soap.
- Store the OJA organic castor oil compress in a glass container and put in the fridge so that you can use it again. Once you notice ANY discoloration wash the compress or replace.
Better Living regularly stocks the entire OJA product line for our Toronto clientele. This includes:
- Organic Hexane-Free Castor Oil 250 and 500ml
- Body Compress
- Large Joint/Youth Compress
- Small Joint Compress
- Baby/Thyroid Compress
- Starter Kit
For more information or to order your OJA Organic Castor Oil Compress today visit us in store or contact us at
416-249-1895 or email@example.com.