From infancy up to our senior years, our brain health plays an important part in our wellbeing and the ability to enjoy life to the fullest. Some of the most important nutrients for maintaining and boosting brain health and function are EFA’s or essential fatty acids, essential meaning we require them for survival but our bodies cannot produce them. EPA and DHA are two essential fatty acids sourced from fish that we require from our diet to maintain healthy cognitive function and mood. Good dietary sources of EPA and DHA are cold-water fish such as salmon, mackerel, halibut, sardines, tuna, and herring.
One concern with eating an adequate amount of fish to obtain our daily quota’s of EPA and DHA is the widespread pollution and toxicity found in wild caught fish. Supplementing with fish oil is a good way to get these essential nutrients in therapeutic doses without any risk of ingesting impurities and heavy metals. Ascenta fish oil supplements go through a strict third-party quality testing program called Pure Check where each product lot is tested for contaminants such as PCB’s, mercury and dioxins against the most rigorous safety standards.
Ascenta is also renown for taking into consideration with its manufacturing of supplements the following:
- Product Innovation
- Resource Diversification
- Renewable Energy
Ascenta Spark is a premium product for boosting brain health and function including memory, focus and cognition as well as eye health in both children and adults. It combines six key synergistic ingredients, with one teaspoon providing 500mg EPA+DHA, 100mg phosphatidylserine, 2mg lutein, 1mg zeaxanthin, and 1000IU vitamin D3. The EPA and DHA in Ascenta Spark are sourced from squid oil, one of the richest sources of sustainable omega-3. Squid oil contains 35% more omega-3 than wild salmon and 100% more than krill.
- EPA and DHA are well researched and shown beneficial for supporting brain health as well as balanced mood and behavior
- Phosphatidylserine supports cognitive function including short-term and long term-memory, ability to learn and recall information, ability to focus, problem-solve and communicate
- Lutein and zeaxanthin are powerful antioxidants with a strong protective role of macular region of the human eye and brain
- Vitamin D has proven neurocognitive benefits including prevention of Alzheimer’s and dementia
“As a memory expert, I know that a healthy brain is essential for a life filled with happiness and vitality. I’m proud of Ascenta Spark and excited about the ways it can make your life better.”
- Marilu Henner, memory expert and spark consultant
Better Living in Toronto carries a variety fish oil products including Ascenta Spark. Our knowledgeable staff is available to answer your health related questions at 416-249-1895 or email@example.com.