Hormonal imbalances in women cause a variety of symptoms ranging from painful and irregular periods, excess menstrual flow, to infertility and menopausal issues. Masking the symptoms with OTC and prescription drugs like pain killers, antidepressants, tranquilizers or hormone replacement therapy does not work on bringing the hormones back into balance and addressing this root cause of the issue. All the stages of a woman’s life from puberty and start of menstruation, to pregnancy and menopause are natural and beautiful processes and should not be marred by physical, emotional and mental discomfort. However, due to our stress-filled lives, diet void of essential nutrients, sedentary lifestyle and toxic environment, our hormonal health is easily adversely affected.
Apart from supporting your liver health with periodic detoxes and switching to a clean diet rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, another very effective way to naturally balance your hormones is with herbal remedies that have been used for hundreds of years to support hormonal health. These herbs work synergistically to relieve a variety of unpleasant symptoms that women experience at various stages in their lives.
St. Francis Herb Farm is a leading Canadian provider of natural herbal remedies with a long history of safe and effective use. They grow certified organic, organically grown, and wild crafted herbs, ensuring that harvesting techniques, proper plant species and parts, soil conditions, drying and storage procedures meet rigorous criteria.
Better Living in Toronto sells the entire line of St. Francis Herb Farm single and combination herbal remedies that specifically support women’s health. This line comes under the name Fémance® and consists of the following products that are available at Better Living in Toronto:
Black Cohosh (Menopause/Rheumatism)
- Helps relieve symptoms of menopause such as depression, hot flashes and arthritis.
- Helps with painful menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea).
- Helps with rheumatic pains, especially of the back.
- Eases nervous tension.
Chastetree (Vitex) (PMS)
- Helps alleviate premenstrual symptoms including irritability, insomnia, etc.
- Helps regulate menstrual cycle.
- Helps with painful menstruation (dysmenorrhea).
- Supports fertility in women.
- Helps relieve breast pain during menstruation.
Capsella Combo (Fémance® Excess Flow)
- Helps with excessive or abnormal menstrual flow.
- Helps relieve excessive bleeding after miscarriage or childbirth.
- Helps alleviate bleeding associated with colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- Beneficial for diarrhea.
Dong Quai Combo (Fémance® Irregular Cycle)
- Formulated specifically for disorders of menstruation.
- Helps with absence of menstrual cycles (amenorrhea).
- Excellent as a general tonic for the female reproductive system.
Vitex Combo (Fémance® Menopause)
- Alleviates symptoms associated with menopause (hot flashes, irritability, anxiety, headaches, vaginal dryness, insomnia, depression, and fatigue).
- Provides natural hormone-balancing mechanisms.
- Supports hormone regulation.
- Natural & safe alternative to HRT (hormone replacement therapy).
Mastos Breast Oil
- Stimulates the flow of lymphatic fluid in breast tissue.
- Reduces pain and inflammation in mastitis or abscess.
- Helps to fight breast infection.
- Helps fibrocystic breast or breast cysts in long-term use.
- Can be used for lymphatic detoxification anywhere in the body (e.g. chronically enlarged glands).
Here is what some happy customers have to say about St. Francis Herb Farm and Fémance® line of products:
“I have used the Chaste Tree tincture to ease PMS symptoms and found that it also lessened pre-menstrual skin breakouts/pimples. Great quality as usual. ”
“I know I can always trust the quality of St. Francis herbs and use them with confidence in my practice.””
Cathy Kuindersma, N.D.