Food intolerances/sensitivities are more common than a true food allergy. Many people are unaware of or are unable to make the connections between their symptoms and the foods they are eating because the symptoms may vary widely and appear anywhere from hours to days after the causative food is consumed. To take out the guess work, your local health food store Better Living offers the ALCAT food intolerance test to all of their clientele.
Symptoms associated with food, herb, mold and chemical intolerances/sensitivities include:
- Digestion – IBS, Diarrhea, Constipation, Bloating, Gastritis, Acid Reflux, Crohn’s etc.
- Metabolism – Obesity, Diabetes, Healthy Weight Loss, Thyroid Imbalance
- Skin – Eczema, Psoriasis, Rashes, Urticaria (hives)
- Joints – Rheumatoid arthritis, Muscle pains
- Respiratory – Chronic/stubborn cough, Asthma, Sinusitis
- Neurological – Migraine, Chronic Fatigue, ADD
The above complaints are often inflammatory conditions caused by innate cellular defense reactions. 80% of the immune system is in the gut, so for our protection the immune system differentiates between the harmless and harmful.
The Alcat Test is a method, through an immunobiological blood test, that identifies non-IgE reactions to
foods and chemicals. IgE testing screens for allergies that include more serious emergency type symptoms including tight throat, trouble breathing and anaphylaxis. The Alcat food intolerance test checks for the milder sensitivities our body has to the environment.
Concerns with consuming the foods that you are intolerant/sensitive to on a long term basis include:
- Increased inflammation and stress on the organs
- Difficulty losing weight
- Increase risk of autoimmune disease
What causes Food Intolerances/Sensitivities?
Reasons why immune cells attack food particles include:
- Low immune system
- Body is limited in its ability to detoxify, poor intestinal function
- Excess toxicity levels from chemicals, food and the environment
Alcat Sensitivity Testing
More than 450 individual substances can be tested from only a few small vials of blood. Testing is available for 237 foods, 120 medicinal herbs and for 100 chemical substances and determines what items cause your immune cells to release inflammatory reactions that are associated with many conditions.
Benefits of the Alcat Test
A targeted individualized diet, including a period of elimination of react foods or food related substances, can help with:
- Better awareness
- Health optimization
- Performance enhancement
- Weight Management
Be sure to check out the different panels and prices on our website here and contact us at (416) 249-1895 or email@example.com to schedule a blood withdrawal or have any further questions answered.