At our Toronto (Etobicoke) health food store, Better Living, we have noticed a growing number of both men and women, young and old coming in concerned with hair loss and thinning hair. The loss of hair or thinning hair can often leave men and women feeling self- conscious about their looks, thus affecting their self-esteem. More importantly, hair loss is an indication of an imbalance and breakdown happening in the body that should be addressed sooner rather than later.
Causes of hair loss and thinning of hair include stress, low iron levels, low thyroid function, toxicity, poor sleep, an imbalance in hormones and yo-yo dieting. There are also medications that can induce hair thinning such as beta blockers used to treat angina and panic attacks, anti-acne medications and birth control pills. Diets low in iron, protein and minerals and poor digestion also contribute to hair thinning and hair loss. Symptoms of poor digestion such as acid reflux/heartburn, bloating/ distention or incomplete bowel movements suggest that food and nutrients are not being digested and assimilated adequately causing nutrient deficiencies.
Nutrients and herbs that help deal with women and men’s hair loss or hair thinning include:
- Biotin – a B vitamin that promotes healthy hair growth and an increase in hair thickness. Biotin also prevents hair dryness and increases hair elasticity preventing breakage.
- Fo-ti – called “He Shou Wu” in Chinese is a tonic consisting of anti-aging properties, and is often used to reverse gray hair and maintain natural hair color. Research also suggests that Fo-ti extract may promote natural hair growth.
- Stinging nettle – has been used to optimize hair growth by supporting healthy blood flow and nutrient delivery to the scalp. Stinging nettle root extract may also help to modulate enzymes that have been linked to hair problems in men and is rich in iron which is important for hair growth.
- Fenugreek – Fenugreek seed helps fight hair loss as it contains an alkaloid called trigonellic acid and a protein that plays a role in the maintenance of healthy hair, skin and nails.
- Rosemary – is a Mediterranean cooking spice that has a long history of traditional use as a hair tonic. Rosemary optimizes blood circulation especially in the head area. Essential oil of rosemary mixed with a carrier oil has also been used topically to help with hair growth and to moisturise the scalp.
Toronto based health food store Better Living has all of the above nutrients and herbs in one product called Hair Formula for Men and Women #77 by Bell Lifestyle. Bell Lifestyle is so confident about their formulas that they offer a money back guarantee on their products. Customers can simply send back their receipt and the bar code from the product and receive their money back in full, no questions asked.
“First product that worked for me. I have tried many other methods, but did not see any results. With Bell Natural Superior Hair Formula, I noticed a difference within a few weeks. Thank you Bell. Paul Scivoletto, 40, Markham ON.”
“For about 5 years I have been losing more hair and was worried. After using Bell Stop Hair Loss #77 for 30 days I am losing less hair when I wash my hair. My hair now looks fuller and the texture has improved. Sandra Reese, 35, Pembroke Pines”
Another common issue causing hair loss is metal toxicity. Better Living offers Hair Mineral Analysis to check for both metal toxicity and mineral imbalances that may be at the root of a hair loss problem. If you have further questions or would like to book a consultation we can be reached at 416-249-1895 or email@example.com.