With a vast variety of probiotics available at health food stores, it is sometimes difficult to choose the right one for your needs. Each company boasts their own unique processes and strains that benefit our gut microflora.
One company that stands out with the exceptional quality of their products is Natren, whomalso happen to manufacture their own probiotics in house. Consumers have trusted Natren probiotics since the early 1980’s when Natasha Trenev introduced the term “probiotic” (which means “for life”) to the health food industry.
Here is what makes Natren probiotics unique andpowerful:
- Extensively tested and researched super strains of good bacteria.
- The supernatant advantage which is the original food source of the bacteria that continues to supply them with the best nutrients to support their best performance. This original growth medium protects the probiotics from stomach acid and ensures that these healthy bacteria get to our gut alive and can successfully colonize there. This also why Natren does not use FOS or other prebiotics – the intrinsic supernatant is the best for ensuring viability of these probiotics.
- Guaranteed potency to the printed day of expiration, not the manufactured date.
- Special packaging – dark glass bottles with metal caps that protect against moisture and light. Natren probiotics are produced in a temperature controlled environment and are always kept refrigerated. They are also shipped in thermally controlled boxes preserving their integrity.
- Trenev Trio – oil matrix process that keeps different strains of bacteria separated and prevents them from competing for food and space when packaged together. It also protects them from the harsh stomach environment so they can safely arrive to their destination. Therefore, it is not necessary to go to higher dosage of these probiotics to achieve measurable results.Trenev Trio contains the following strains:
- 5 billion cfu (colony forming units) super strain L. acidophilus
- 5 billion cfusuper strain L. bulgaricus
- 20 billion cfusuper strain B. bifidum
These three strain are each micro-enrobed in the unique oil matrix that not only keeps them separate but also protects them from stomach acid.
- acidophilus NAS helps the small intestine, mouth and the vaginal tract. It also optimizes digestion including digestion of dairy products, produces hydrogen peroxide that supports digestive health and promotes proper intestinal pH.
- bifidumMalyoth helps the large intestine. It supports colon function, promotes regularity, encourages growth of healthy bacteria and discourages the growth of unhealthy ones and supports production of essential B vitamins.
- bulgaricus LB-51 is beneficial for the entire digestive tract. It encourages proper pH levels, promotes regularity and aids in digestion of dairy products.
Better Living in Toronto (Etobicoke) also carries Bifidonate (2 billion CFU B. bifidumMalyoth) and Superdophilus (2 billion CFU of L. acidophilus NAS) on their own.
Healthy Start System is a great starter and maintenance program that contains all three strains found in Trenev Trio just is a smaller dosage – 2 billion CFU of each and it comes in 3 separate bottles.
Gastro-pH is a chewable probiotic designed to help with occasional indigestion and stomach upset. Each wafer contains at least 1 billion CFUs of L. bulgaricus LB-51.
Life Start Pro contains Bifidobacterium infantis NLS super strain and it is a great option for formula fed babies as well as breast fed babies especially after C-section delivery.
All Natren probiotics are also gluten, dairy, soy, FOS and GMO free.
For more information about these probiotics and your digestive health contact thestaffat Better Living in Toronto (Etobicoke). We also offer Food Intolerance Testing that helps identify problem foods and eliminate them from your diet resulting in better digestion and wellbeing.