Liposomal nutrients bypass the digestive system and areabsorbed with high levels into the bloodstream and cells thus delivering therapeutic doses.Liposomesare bilayer (double-layer) liquid filled micro-spheres made from phospholipids (fat soluble exterior) that are used in this type of vitamin/supplement delivery system. The phospholipid layer is identical to the material our cell membranes are made from. This similarity creates a natural attraction between our cells and these micro-spheres allowing them to bond easily and deliver the vitamin/supplement directly into the cell. This allows for 100% bioavailability and absorption rates.
Better Living Health Food Store and Wellness Clinic offers 4 different liposomal supplements. They are Methyl B12 spray, Melatonin spray, Vitamin C liquid packets and Glutathione liquid.
Methyl B-12 Spray (ReadiSorb)
Methylcobalamin (the most readily absorbed,biologically active form of B12) – supports the liver, brain and nerve health. It is essential for cell growth and it is a nutrient that must be replenished through diet as our body does not make vitamin B12 nor does it store it.
Those over 50 years old, vegetarians and vegans, senior citizens and people on certain medications may benefit from B12 supplementation.
ReadiSorb Methyl B12 Spray provides 500 mcg of methylcobalamin per spray which makes adjusting the dosage very simple and easy.
Ingredients per spray:
- Methylcobalamin – 500 mcg
- Purified Water
- Stevia – a natural sweetener
- Lecithin – an extract derived from soy
- Glycerin (known as glycerol) – used as a sweetener and preservative derived from palm fruit oil, with an insignificant effect on blood sugar
- Citric Acid – occurring naturally in citrus fruits, it is used as a flavoring and preservative
- Natural fruit flavoring
- Potassium Sorbate (natural material used as a preservative that is derived from palm fruit oil (less than .25% of product)
Directions of use: Designed to be taken orally, you can spray on the inside of the cheek or under the tongue. Hold in mouth for 20 seconds before swallowing.
Melatonin Spray (ReadiSorb)
Melatonin is used to regulate sleep and it is effective in preventing or reducing jet lag, which occurs when travelling by planeto different time zones. Melatonin levels alsodecline as we age which can lead to insomnia in the elderly making supplementation highly beneficial. Shift workers also benefit from melatonin supplementation since night shift work can interfere with their melatonin production.
Studies have shown that melatonin may help promote sleep andprovide powerful antioxidant benefits.
Ingredients per spray:
- Melatonin (Synthetic) – .5 mg
- Vitamin B6 – calming effect on the nervous system
- Purified Water
- Stevia – a natural sweetener with an insignificant effect on blood glucose levels
- Lecithin – an extract derived from the oil of soy
- Glycerin – also known as glycerol, it is used as a sweetener and preservative. It is derived from palm fruit oil, and has an insignificant effect on blood sugar.
- Citric Acid–occurring naturally in citrus fruits, it is used as a flavoring and preservative.
- Natural Fruit Flavoring
- Potassium Sorbate – a natural material used as a preservative that is derived from palm fruit oil. (Less than .25% of product)
Directions of use: 15 minutes before bed. Designed to be taken orally, you can spray on the inside of the cheek or under the tongue. Hold in mouth for 20 seconds before swallowing.
Glutathione is the most powerful antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It is considered a key antioxidant in the functioning of cells and plays an important role in the aging process and in many disease states.
- Protects cells against free radicals that cause oxidation damage including liver/age spots
- Neutralizes/removes toxins
- Enhances immune function
Ingredients per teaspoon:
- Purified water
- Reduced l-glutathione – 420mg
- Lecithin –extracted from soy. Those with soy sensitivities should use caution.
- Glycerin (known as glycerol) – used as a sweetener and preservative that is a natural product and is readily metabolized. Glycerin supports the stability of the liposomes.
- Potassium sorbate – a naturally occurring fatty acid used as a preservative to prevent yeast and mold growth.
Directions of use:1 teaspoon per day. Begin with small serving and build up. Refrigerate after opening.
Nano Vitamins Liposomal Vitamin C
Nano Vitamins Lypo-Spheric Vitamin C encapsulates the C molecules in liposomes made from essential phospholipids, which protect the vitamin C from destruction in the digestive system. Liposomes filled with vitamin C are transported directly into the bloodstream and cells within just minutes. Nano Vitamins Vitamin C is 100% non-GMO.
Ingredients per 5ml packet:
- Vitamin C (as sodium ascorbate) – 1000mg
- Phophatidylcholine – 1000mg
- Alcohol 5%
- Natural flavouring and colour
Directions of use: Tear the notched end off the packet, squeeze into mouth or 25 ml of cool beverage (don’t mix). Wait at least 10-15 minutes before a meal.
Benefits of Vitamin C:
- Helps protect cells from free radical damage
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Supports collagen production for healthier skin, muscles and joints
- Aids in muscle repair
- Aids in healthy gums
Our staff at Better LivingWellness Clinic and health Store in Toronto (Etobicoke) is dedicated to providing you with top quality supplements and complementary health care services.