Healthy Weight with Reiki
Lacking restful sleep?
Not able to lose weight?
Reiki healing can help!
Reiki works on inducing a deep state of relaxation in the body. Reiki reduces stress, getting you more in tune with your body and your nutritional needs, allowing for a restful night of sleep and increasing your motivation and perseverance to stick with a new lifestyle.
Our Reiki practitioner, Aleks Morgan is also a certified nutritionist and a yoga teacher who will help you bring your body into balance through an integrated Reiki session which includes nutritional consulting and an exercise program for long lasting results.
Reiki healing is the main component of the session as it works on strengthening your will power, modulating your stress response and teaching you to respect and love your body exactly as it is right now. A part of Aleks’ practice is helping people achieve their ideal weight through stress reduction. As you adopt new lifestyle changes and correct energy imbalances and nutritional deficiencies, weight loss comes naturally and effortlessly. By avoiding crash diets and/or excessive exercise which is unsustainable long term, we are restoring the natural balance within the body. This will allow you to embrace the dietary and lifestyle changes as your own way of being.
Here is how stress affects our ability to maintain healthy weight:
- High Cortisol Levels. High levels of cortisol affect our metabolism by increasing appetite and causing higher insulin levels. This in turn causes the blood sugar to drop setting off junk food cravings and crushing our “will power”. Cortisol also plays a role in distributing fat gain around the mid section which is a concern because visceral fat is not only a cosmetic issue but more importantly a serious health risk factor for heart disease and diabetes.
- Adrenaline and Anxiety. Adrenaline is realised during acute stress as a part of our fight or flight response. Feeling anxious and stressed out triggers “emotional eating” in some people and “mindless eating” in others. Mindless eating is when we are not aware of the amount of food we’ve eaten, whether we’re full or how the food really tastes.
- Fast Foods. When we are stressed, running on adrenaline, feeling restless or fatigued, we usually go for the convenience of fast foods that are high in calories and low in nutrients. Our body continues to crave nutrients even after eating these foods and as we continue eating processed and deficient foods, we tend to gain more weight.
- Stress, anxiety and worry also affect our ability to get a good night sleep which in turn affects our bodies ability to repair and reset. Lack of sleep has been shown to disrupt two hormones that control appetite – ghrelin and leptin making it very difficult to lose weight.
Reiki will help you:
- Balance your stress response and hormones
- Feel more confident and compassionate toward your body and yourself
- Make better dietary choices
- Digest and assimilate food better
Once your body is nourished properly and your stress hormones are balanced, cravings subside and your body uses calories for energy instead of storing them as adipose tissue.
Aleks Morgan CNP at Better Living Wellness clinic and Health Store in Toronto (Etobicoke) offers Integrative Reiki Sessions and Nutritional Consultations to help you achieve healthy lifestyle goals. Call to book an appointment at 416-249-1895.