Black Seed Oil
One of the most nutritional seeds comes from the annual herbaceous plant, Nigella Sativa, better known as black seed or black cumin seed. Black seed is a very beneficial and potent spice containing fifteen amino acids including 9 of the essential amino acids plus the minerals calcium, iron, sodium and potassium, fiber, plant sterols and many more constituents. Black seed is native to Asia and its use has been traced back to over 3000 years in the Western countries.
Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store sells black seed as a potent natural liquid oil (cold-pressed from Turkey) as well as in soft gels. In addition to ingesting the oil, you can apply it topically, for example on the throat for thyroid health. You can also mix the oil in your moisturizers, creams, and shampoos.
Some of the many benefits of Black Seed oil include aiding in respiratory, digestive, heart, hormonal health and diabetes. It can successfully relieve a variety of symptoms including diarrhea, bad breath, flatulence, hemorrhoids, fever, asthma, bronchitis, coughs, high blood sugar levels and amenorrhea by restoring the menstrual cycle. Another very common ailment, arthritis, has been helped by the black seed’s volatile oils.
Five top benefits of Black Seed Oil
- Weight Loss – treating weight loss indirectly, black seed oil has anti-inflammatory properties known to help people lose weight by decreasing glucose levels as well as appetite.
- Diabetes – black seed oil prevents both type 1 and type 2 diabetes as the oil causes gradual regeneration of pancreatic beta-cells.
- Liver Health – black seed oil speeds up healing of the liver from side effects of long term prescription medication use or excessive alcohol intake.
- Skin – Black seed oil promotes and inhibits melanin production aiding in skin issues such as eczema.
- Infections (MRSA) – black seed oil can help slow down or stop MRSA from spreading out of control that has become a problem in the hospitals and nursing homes since ordinary staph infections are becoming resistant to generic antibiotics.
Here is a link to listen to Dr, Cass Ingram speak on the numerous benefits of Nigella Sativa: https://goo.gl/uVehMu
A study conducted on black seed oil showed that weak immune systems are regulated by the strong effect of black seed oil. Out of the 600 patients in the study, the results showed that 70% of the patients did not have the allergic reactions that they normally would have with pollen and dust.
Those with a medical condition or pregnant or nursing should check with their doctor before using black seed oil. Also, before buying black seed oil ensure it is organic and without chemicals, additives or diluting oils and it is best to look for black seed oil stored in glass bottles.
You can find different brands of black seed oil at Better Living Wellness Centre and Health Store in Toronto (Etobicoke). Speak to our staff of holistic practitioners about how black seed oil can benefit you.