Many people think that eating a variety of whole foods provides them with all the essential nutrients their bodies need. Of course, eating healthy and avoiding “junk” food is always a great first step to healthier living. However, even if your meals consist of a colorful variety of vegetables, fruits, beans, nuts, seeds, and whole grains, you still may not be getting all the nutrients you need for optimum health.
One of the reasons this is the case is because the soil quality has changed drastically over the years. Studies have shown a steady decline since 1950. For that reason, people are increasingly choosing to take supplements and fill the gaps in their diet. This way they can ensure they are feeling their best and healthiest.
Choosing a good multi is very important since not all multi’s are created equal. Most synthetic vitamins and minerals that you can find on your pharmacy shelves have low bioavailability and absorption rates. On the other hand, vitamins and minerals derived from whole food sources have superior bioavailability and absorption because our body recognises them as food. For example, a whole food supplement that delivers vitamin C in a matrix of whole orange also provides all the other phytochemicals from oranges. Whole food supplements are also much gentler on the stomach.
Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store in Toronto (Etobicoke) now offers MegaFood whole food nutritional supplements. What makes MegaFood unique is the quality of their whole food supplements as well as the unique manufacturing process. All their raw materials are sourced from trusted and high-quality farms that are dedicated to growing the most nutrient dense foods possible.
MegaFood keeps all the steps of the manufacturing process in-house and the only component that MegaFood does not directly provide is the whole food or raw material that goes into their products. Instead, they partner with some of the best farmers in North America and source the best quality produce for use in their manufacturing process.
Here is a quick overview of MegaFood’s unique manufacturing process:
- Real, whole food of the highest quality is obtained from their farmer partners.
- This fresh produce is then cold milled,
- it is sent to one of three different tanks depending on the type of nutrient. This is where more of the specific nutrient is integrated with the food matrix to achieve desired potency.
- The next step is Refractance Window Drying™ where this mixture is gently and carefully dried to preserve the nutrients, colour and aroma of the fresh produce.
- Once dried, the nutrients are mixed further and turned into a powder.
- The powder then goes to a tablet press. Next the whole food tablets than go into amber glass bottles and are sealed.
Each batch goes through rigorous quality control ensuring the highest quality of the final product.
Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store in Toronto (Etobicoke) carries a variety of MegaFood products including multi vitamin complexes, single minerals and single vitamins, probiotics and herbal products for everyone’s needs. Speak to one of our nutritionists on staff about benefits of supplementing our diet with these whole food supplements.