Ayurvedic Golden Milk – Vegan Friendly Healing Elixir for Winter Blues
Some recipes are unforgettable as well as trendsetters, even after thousands of years. They either remain unchanged or evolve into an improved version to adapt with time and age. Golden Milk is one such recipe! It is one of Ayurveda’s most cherished recipes that uses turmeric as its main ingredient.
Ayurveda – is the Indian Herbal Medicine system that focuses on healing the mind, body and spirit. Ayurveda was born 5,000 years ago in India and documents many herbs and spices with their healing properties that science now agrees with.
The ancient scriptures of Ayurveda mention many uses of one of the best healing elixirs – Turmeric and the scientists today are agreeing with the healing properties of turmeric. Journal of Medicine talks about the efficacy of turmeric extract for joint health and arthritis. It states that, “Curcuma longa (turmeric) and Zingiber officinale (ginger), both of which belong to the Ziangiberaceae family, are potential alternative medicines for arthritis.”
As we are approaching more of the Vata (Ayurvedic term to express cold, airy and dry) time of the year we need to combat
- Cold extremities
- Poor short-term memory
- Cracking in joints and bones
Here at Better Living we are super excited to bring you the best of the best of turmeric in a jar! The Golden Milk has arrived at Better Living with grace and we are proud to offer you an elixir that is one of a kind. The company that re-created this Ayurvedic elixir, Botanica, has worked on an improved version of the traditional Ayurvedic Golden Milk Recipe. The new improved recipe contains the following ingredients and their benefits:
- Turmeric – to reduce inflammation, improve cognitive abilities and reduce stress/anxiety.
- Dates – to naturally sweeten without sugar and boost the nervous system and improve energy.
- Coconut – to boost the immune system and the thyroid function.
- Vanilla – to add another powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory spice.
- Cardamom – to reduce depression.
- Cinnamon – to improve circulation and avoid cold extremities
- Black Pepper – to improve the absorption of turmeric and to combat cold, flu and asthma.
- Ashwagandha – to reduce stress, depression and stimulate thyroid function.
The benefits of the Botanica’s version of Golden Mylk is a potent healer! We welcome you at Better Living – 1500 Royal York Road, Unit 7 in Toronto, Canada to come and grab your jar of this Golden Elixir!
The Botanica Golden Milk or Golden Mylk (as they like to write it) is certified organic, non-GMO, gluten free, dairy free, soy free and sugar free. This AWESOME Golden Milk is suitable for Vegans, Vegetarians, Ketogenic diet followers as well as people who are following a dairy free lifestyle.
At Better Living we made our own version of this incredible elixir! Here is the recipe:
Better Living’s Golden Milk Recipe
- Botanica’s Golden Mylk – 1 teaspoon
- Almond Milk – 1 cup
- Hot water – 1 cup
- Emulsified MCT oil – 1 tablespoon
- Add all ingredients in a Magic Bullet or Vita Mix and blend.
- Enjoy on its own or with a gluten free cookie!
If you have any questions about the product or any of the services that Better Living offers, please visit us at Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store in Toronto (Etobicoke) and start enjoying this easy to make and antioxidant rich Golden Milk. Our natural health practitioners are available in-person and over the phone to answer your health-related question.