Who doesn’t want an exotic oil from a precious nut that nourishes your skin as well as softens your hair? An antioxidant rich Argan oil is an age-old beauty secret that everyone is now talking about. An oil so rich in vitamins, minerals and plant goodness that it transforms the way your skin, hair and nails look and feel.
Rich in Vitamin E and essential fatty acids, this oil is a natural UV protector and a free radical destroyer. A must-have for every natural beauty product lover! And a must for anyone who yearns for shiny hair and nourished younger skin.
The Argan oil that is a favourite among Better Living staff is by New Roots Herbal. New Roots Argan oil comes in a glass bottle and is manufactured by a cold-press process by pressing the Argan tree nut. This legendary oil is golden in color and naturally hydrates the skin, hair and nails. At Better Living we carry 50 ml Argan oil bottles by New Roots.
Top 10 Benefits of Argan Oil
- The New Roots Herbal Argan Oil is light weight and absorbs through the skin easily. Therefore, this Argan oil can be used as a moisturizer.
- Argan oil is amazing for acne prone skin and few drops of this oil can be directly applied to problem skin area for best result.
- Argan oil has earned a reputation as an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle oil so applying it at night is a very effective treatment. Many also use it as a whole body oil.
- For dry and cracked heels, Argan oil has proven to be a superior moisturizer. Apply 3-4 drops of Argan oil on the problem areas of the heel and wear a cotton sock to keep the moisture locked overnight.
- Argan oil has also been known to prevent stretch marks as it improves the elasticity of the skin. Warm Argan and Seabuckthorn oil together and apply directly to skin. High vitamin, A, C and E will assist with preventing and relieving stretch marks. One can also make an oil blend using Pranarom Everlasting, Frankincense and Geranium essential oil mixed with Argan oil. We carry the Pranaroma Essential Oils here at Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store.
- Argan oil is also used for skin infections, bug bites, skin rashes as well as razors burns.
- Argan oil is used to protect hair from heat if using a blow dryer/curling iron or straightener. Argan oil is non-greasy which is why many use this oil to lock hair moisture and as a leave-in-conditioner.
- Argan oil moisturizes and strengthens dry, brittle hair and prevents dandruff and hair loss.
- Argan oil is also used as a cuticle oil for stronger nails.
- Popular for its moisturizing quality and nutrient density, Argan oil is also used as a lip conditioner as it eliminates dry, cracked lips.
How to Properly Store your Argan Oil:
Buy Argan oil in a glass bottle like the one that New Roots Herbal have. Keep in a dark, cool and dry place away from sunlight and heat in order to retain the quality of the oil. Always check expiration dates when you purchase a bottle. Purchase a smaller bottle to ensure it is used up before expiry.
Argan oil truly is a precious oil to add to your natural, organic and green beauty regime. Its amazing health benefit can be reaped by using it as a morning moisturizer and a night serum.
Speak to our nutritionists on staff about supporting your skin, hair and nail beauty and health using diet and supplements.