Chakra’s are invisible energy centers in our body that you can’t see or touch, but they are where your internal energy flows. There are seven main chakra points and twenty-one lesser energy points in the body. Imagine chakras as colored wheels that spin clockwise at variable rates and frequencies. Each of these chakras flow according to the emotions, thoughts, actions and experiences we have. Chakras move according to the energy that we release or hold onto and can go out of balance if there is a negative energy present, which usually means that the respective chakras would spin too slowly or too fast. There could be one or more chakras out of balance at the same time. When chakras are imbalanced the physical region of the body associated with the chakra is also out of balance and when energy is blocked or the chakra is imbalanced it also impacts the spiritual and mental wellbeing.
The basic concept of chakra or energy centers within the body is derived from Ayurveda, Yoga and Chinese medicine. Although chakras are not visible in our body, the concept is crucial in Ayurveda for Pranic Healing. “Chakra” is a word derived from Sanskrit which means “wheel.”
The Essential Seven Chakras are:
Why Balance Chakras?
Each of the chakras are interconnected and they are also connected to the body systems. Therefore, the organs and the systems associated with the imbalanced chakra could also be in disharmony. If you focus on balancing the chakra through various practices you can bring the body, mind and spirit in harmony. Below we talk about how to balance chakras.
10 Possible Ways to Heal & Balance the Chakras:
- A well-planned Yoga sequence or Asana practice can unblock and open stagnated or overly stimulated chakra.
- Color Therapy – Wearing a colour that relates to a specific chakra colour, emits unique energy or frequency that helps balance that chakra.
- Saying the sounds associated to the Chakras will also have a positive impact on the chakras.
- At Better Living we carry the gemstones for the seven chakras to bring them back to balance. You can use them to facilitate meditation, stimulate or calm chakras as needed. The right chakra stone is already chosen in the Chakra Gemstone set that we carry.
- Listening to uplifting music, light instruments playing (Tibetan singing bowls) can also help balance chakras.
- Following an Ayurvedic diet as per your dosha (Vata, Pitta or Kapha) or Sattvic diet can bring positive changes to blocked chakras. At Better Living we offer Ayurvedic Counseling with Nahid Ameen who also uses aromatherapy or essential oils to balance the body, mind and spirit.
- Using essential oils and massages are also believed to assist with bringing the imbalanced chakra back into balance. At Better Living we offer Massage sessions with Camilla Singh RMT where our clients can request to incorporate essential oils or Indian Head Massage.
- At Better Living in Toronto (Etobicoke) we carry Chakra Pillar candles as well. The best thing about these candles is that they come in seven different colors associated with the seven chakras to heal, protect and revive the chakras. These beautiful palm wax candles are 8” tall, have 15 hours of burn time and are infused with essential oils selected for their aromatherapy benefits relative to the chakras.
- Writing or reading out loud positive affirmations along with incorporating other healing modalities such as Reiki, Reflexology and Quantum healing can assist with chakra balancing and healing.
- Burning white sage or incenses associated with the right chakras also significantly improves chakra flow. At Better Living we carry both white sage leaves and white sage incense to accelerate your healing journey.
Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Food Store is a full service alternative therapy clinic with Nutritionists, Herbalist, Massage Therapist, Ion Foot Detox and a large selection of professional quality natural health products. Visit us and our staff members will always be able to assist you with your current health goals or needs.