Crystals have been used for centuries for healing. Early Egyptians understood the healing properties of crystals and wore different ones regularly for their healing properties. Crystals or stones were formed naturally and have been present from the beginning of time. Most crystals take thousands of years to form and they contain different compositions of minerals which creates different vibrations for each stone or crystal.
Healing crystals are used often during a Reiki treatment, which is a form of energetic healing where a practitioner channels Reiki energy to their clients to balance their energy centers or chakras, relieving stress, emotional trauma and improving health. Crystals can be worn regularly to help improve mental clarity and intuition, reduce stress, relieve sadness, overcome depression or encourage internal energy.
Healing crystals or stones are great tools to use during meditation. They can enhance your meditation experience. Some people will use certain crystals when chanting a mantra or when setting a positive intention or wanting to manifest a certain desire. Healing stones can be worn or used daily for grounding or to assist with an ailment. They can also be put under your pillow or bed to encourage better sleep and neutralize any negative energy that is present from electronics or any other causes.
When choosing a healing crystal, it’s important to release your ego and allow the right crystal to choose you. The right stone is usually the first one you pick up. Don’t put too much thought into it and trust that the crystal you choose is in your highest interest. Purchasing healing crystals, you want to make sure you are buying them from a reproable source. Not all crystals are equal and can be made in a lab reducing the healing properties which are found in naturally formed crystals.
Once you purchase crystals, crystal jewelry or pendulums, you want to cleanse them of any unwanted energy. Stones, gems and crystals soak up energies from other people. This applies even wearing jewelry that once belonged to someone else. There’s no need to use any detergents or chemicals to cleanse crystals, you can simply set them on a windowsill on a full moon to cleanse and recharge them or you can submerge crystals in salt water, made with pink Himalayan salt or grey raw sea salt with filtered water. Cleansing can take 1-24 hours. For the first time, definitely soak overnight. You can cleanse as often as needed. To determine how often, it depends on how often the crystals are being used. Regular use, they can be cleansed daily or weekly. For crystals that rest on shelves or tables can be cleansed twice a year.
Listed below are some common healing stones and their healing properties
- Crown chakra/third eye chakra
- Helps clear negative thoughts
- Relieve stress
- Increase intuition
- Neutralizes radiation effects of EMF (electromagnetic frequencies) from computers, WIFI etc.
- Improves sleep and relaxation
- Third eye and crown chakra
- Absorbs negative energy
- Increases concentration, focus, self-confidence
- Improves balance and coordination physically and mentally
- Clears mind clutter allowing focus
- Relieve tension and anxiety
- Balances all chakras
- Stimulates brain function
- Eliminates blocked energy to allow energy to flow with ease
- Mental clarity
- Heart chakra
- Stone of unconditional love
- Assists with all areas/issues of the heart
- Self-love, family love, romantic love
- Balances heart chakra/heart health/breast cancer/thymus/lungs
- Calming, soothing, peace, empathy, forgiveness
- Attracts more love, decreases stress, anger, resentment, negative emotions, grief
- Belongs to the quartz family
- Wards off evil eye
- For gentle healing/slow and steady healing
- Gives a sense of stability
- Promotes harmony physically, emotionally, spiritually
CHAKRA HEART SHAPE STONES/CRYSTALS
ROOT CHAKRA-RED TIGER EYE
- Base chakra
- Red jasper, garnet, bloodstone, ruby, black tourmaline, smokey quartz, obsidian
- Stability, grounding, will, security, physical energy
- Charged with earth and sun energies
- Increase internal strength and vitality
- Enhances creativity, psychic abilities, concentration
- Helps aid issues related to the endocrine system
- Helps depression, manic depression, bipolar disorder
- Attracts abundance, good luck and grounding
- Second chakra
- Camelian, amber, orange calcite, gold topaz, coral
- Creativity, healing, sexuality, reproduction, desire, emotion and intuition
- Supports physical desires and taking action
- Increases energy, willpower, confidence, physical health and vitality
- Encourages empowerment
SOLAR PLEXES CHAKRA-CITRINE
- Third chakra
- Tiger eye, yellow jasper, yellow agate, golden calcite
- Intellect, ambition, personal power, proactive
- Mental clarity, manifesting your dreams
- Creativity, psychic visions
- Cleanses toxins
- Repels negative energy
- Fourth chakra
- Rose quartz, green/pink tourmaline, green adventurine, emerald
- Love, compassion, healing, emotional balance
- Good luck charm
- Promotes harmony
- Assists with matters of the heart
THROAT CHAKRA-LAPIS LAZULI
- Fifth chakra
- Aquamaurine, blue lace, agate, blue turquoise
- Communication centre, expression, divine guidance
- Immune support
- High vibrational energy
- Helps with migraines, headaches
- Symbolizes wisdom and spirit
- Encourages creativity
- Inspires confidence
THIRD EYE CHAKRA-AMETHYST DARK
- Sixth chakra
- Quartz, lapis lazuli sapphire
- Spiritual awareness, psychic power, intuition
- Chakra balancing
- Supports nervous system
- Helps with insomnia and nightmares
- Helps heal personal loss and grief
- Encourages peacefulness and happiness
- Creates emotional stability
CROWN CHAKRA- LEPIDOLITE
- Seventh chakra
- Amethyst, diamond, white calcite, selenite, purple fluorite
- Enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, energy, perfection
- Neutralizes negative energy
- Emotional healing
- Helps open crown chakra
- Soothes stress and depression
- Encourages independence
- Heals pain from relationship
HIMALAYAN SALT LAMPS
Himalayan Pink Salt is harvested from deep in the Himalayan Mountains and is used in cooking and it is also made into beautiful lamps. The salt contains high levels of trace minerals and when using a low watt bulb, it creates enough heat that causes the salt lamp to give off negative ions which allows the salt to absorb positively charged energy from electronics or other EMF’s (electromagnetic frequencies). These negative ions will also absorb water molecules from the air that holds allergens, pollutants and bacteria.
When purchasing a Himalayan Salt Lamp for your home or workplace, you must be mindful that buying the correct size for the room is very important. Buying a small lamp for a large room will not give off enough negative ions to cover the entire room.
Absorbs water molecules from the air
- Reduce stress
- Improve sleep
- Increase energy
- Reduce airborne, environmental allergies
- Attracts pollutants, bacteria
- Improve air quality
- Helps boost mood (S.A.D)
CHARA ENERGY CANDLES
Made from vegetable palm wax and infused with aromatherapy essential oils that promote healing and create chakra (energy points) support to release blocks in these areas.
MONEY- ROOT CHAKRA
- First chakra (the base of the spine)
- Base/Root chakra
- Colour red
- Aroma: Cassia cinnamon, clove, nutmeg
- Supports blocks around issues with money and success
- Second chakra (below the navel)
- Colour orange
- Aroma: Cedar, Spruce, Rosemary
- Reproductive health
- Supports sensuality, emotions and intuition
PROTECTION-SOLAR PLEXES CHAKRA
- Third chakra (navel centre)
- Colour yellow
- Aroma: Bergamot, Lime, Grapefruit
- Shields negative influences
- Helps bring harmony in your life
- Fourth chakra (heart centre)
- Colour green
- Aroma: Lavender, Orange, Tangerine
- Centre of compassion
- Helps support a broken health
- Creates sense of love
POSITIVE ENERGY-THROAT CHAKRA
- Fifth chakra (throat centre)
- Colour blue
- Aroma: Moroccan rose, Chamomile
- Centre for communication
ABUDANCE-THIRD EYE CHAKRA
- Sixth chakra (between the eyebrows)
- Colour purple
- Aroma: Lavender, Fir, Chamomile
- Encourages higher intuition
- Use for meditation
- Seventh chakra (above the head)
- Colour violet
- Aroma: Patchouli, Labdanum, Frankincense
- Divine energy and self-realization
- Great for meditation
Made from 100% pure beeswax. Unlike paraffin wax candles, beeswax candles burn brighter and cleaner and give off negative ions which attract pollutants and clean the air. This supports people with respiratory ailments, elderly and young children.
Paraffin wax candles are made from petroleum waste from leftover gasoline and other petrochemicals. They burn dark smoke and are considered carcinogenic. These are not recommended for people suffering from asthma or any other respiratory conditions.
Beeswax candles will promote cleaner air and help improve allergies and asthma.
SAGE-burning sage is used in many cultures to clean and purify the air of pollutants or negative energy from homes, workplace or any space that needs cleansing, or prior to meditation or any divine intuitive work such as Reiki.
WHITE SAGE INCENSE-has the same properties as white sage just it is in an incense form.
PALO SANTO STICKS AND INCENSE-known as “Holy Stick” which is an aromatic wood commonly used in South America by the indigenous people of the Andes as a spiritual tool to cleanse and purify negative energy and evil spirits. Palo Santo is part of the same family as Frankincense, Myrrh, and Copal.
INCENSE STICKS-are aromatic sticks made up of natural materials, herbs, resin and flower essences used to cleanse the air of impurities, negative energy or spirits. Burning incense has been used since ancient Egypt, through biblical times and presently for religious ceremonies, meditation, prayers and to disinfect. Incense is commonly used in homes, churches, temples and mosques around the world.
- purifies the mind and body
- keeps you alert
- cleanses the air of negative energy
- creates a sense of peace
NAG CHAMPA-a combination of essential oils from champa flowers, sandalwood, black pepper and a resin called halmaddi make up the gorgeous incense, traditionally used in temples and homes throughout India for thousands of years.
- calms nerves when stressed
- relaxes the mind and allows focus
- enhances meditation
- pleasant air freshener
ANTI MOSQUITO INCENSE-are incense infused with essentials oils like lemongrass and lavender, that repel mosquitos. Each stick burns approximately 1 hour and helps keep mosquitos away.
At Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store we carry all of these amazing lamps, crystals and incense. Speak to our Reiki practitioners, Aleks Morgan and Denise DesBarres to learn more about how you can benefit from incorporating them into your daily life.
Call us at 416-249-1895 to order products or book your appointment. Free shipping for orders over $100 within GTA.