If you are already exploring the idea of taking nutritional supplements, then you probably understand that what you put into your body impacts your overall health. However, many people forget that what goes onto their bodies is just as important. It’s all a part of living a healthy lifestyle that also involves having a naturally clean household, where the products you use are safe and effective without introducing new contaminants or toxins into your system.
Your skin has the distinction of being the largest organ in the human body. It protects you from the outside world, but it is also absorbent, which is why many people use skin care products like moisturizers to help it stay hydrated and fresh. However, if you are using products loaded with chemicals, you may be doing your body more harm than good. Here are some things to consider:
- One out of every 120 cosmetics products on the market contains ingredients known as potential carcinogens.
- One in every 13 women and one in every 23 men are exposed to these ingredients on a daily basis.
- The European Union has banned 450 different chemicals for use in cosmetics due to safety concerns; 87 companies have agreed to comply with this ban.
- There are 10,500 ingredients being used to create personal care products; 89% of those have not been tested for safety by any publicly-accountable governing body, like the FDA, CIR, or other organizations.
Organic beauty products are a key component of healthy living for both men and women. You should be just as careful about selecting your skin care products as you are about selecting your supplements; both can impact your health and wellbeing, as well as help you maintain a youthful appearance. Better Living offers natural makeup and skincare products made in Canada and the United States so that you can achieve your health goals.
The Basics of Skin Care
A healthy skin care routine is not difficult, but must be followed properly. You have to use the right products that can leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. We recommend following a simple four-step process: cleansing, toning, exfoliating, and moisturizing.
Cleansing: The right cleanser removes dirt and sebum without stripping your skin of its natural moisture. You should avoid harsh facial washes that can potentially dry your skin out too much.
Toning: Toner provides a second way to ensure the dirt has been removed; using it with a cotton pad and applying light pressure gives your skin a thorough, effective cleansing, catching anything your cleanser might have missed.
Exfoliating: As skin goes through its natural shedding process, dead cells can accumulate, impacting your complexion. Exfoliating two or three times a week removes these skin cells, revealing the youthful, vibrant skin beneath.
Moisturizing: Dry skin is something that occurs naturally in most people; a good moisturizer reduces the appearance of dryness. You should select one with an appropriate SPF to prevent sun damage, which can cause wrinkling and discoloration.
Aside from following this regiment, you should also be sure to avoid makeup products that contain harmful ingredients. Many manufacturers put lead and mercury into their products, which can cause harmful reactions over time. Organic beauty products are much safer, lacking the unnatural chemicals of traditional brands. Most are also hypo-allergenic, making them ideal for people with sensitive skin.
Products from Better Living
We offer a range of natural makeup and skincare products from Canada suitable for your beauty needs.
- Skin Essence Organics: Cruelty-free organic beauty products available from Better Living, including facial cleansers, exfoliant / mineral masks and facial moisturizers for different skin types.
- Burt’s Bees: Lip balms in tubes and tins, containing beeswax and vitamin E, helping to heal and moisturize your lips.
- Derma E: Natural skincare organic beauty products that are cruelty-free, paraben-free, and eco-friendly. Containing natural, beneficial ingredients, including vitamins A, C, and E; green tea; and alpha lipoic acid.
- La Vigne Organic Skin Care: A Canadian skincare line providing vitamin C serums to combat acne, discoloration, and fine lines. Also producing DMAE firming cream, improving skin hydration and firmness.
- Shop our full range of sulfate-free shampoos, conditioners, scalp products, and styling products. We ensure each line we stock avoids the use of harmful chemicals, and contains only natural, vegetarian ingredients. All are cruelty-free. Some popular brands we provide include Bio-Fen, Afrikan Beauties, Thursday Plantation, Antica Herbavita, Aubrey, Giovanni, Herbal Glo, Avalon Organics, and MillCreekBiotene H24.
- We even offer products perfect for coloring your hair the natural way, including Herbatint and Colora Henna. These avoid the use of harmful chemicals and are safe and effective.
- Better Living carries aluminum-free, organic deodorants, shower gels, body washes, lotions, and soaps.
- Treat toe nail infections with Tea Tree Oil, Oil of Oregano or the Fungal Free Nails.
- Avoid being attacked by mosquitos with Druide citronella-based insect repellants.
- We also offer Green Beaver and Badger sunscreen and sun recovery products, in a variety of different SPF levels and in scented and unscented varieties.
Bath & Detox
- Better Living carries a number of products that can help you detoxify and rebalance. This includes bath salts, such as Dead Sea, Epsom, Himalayan, and Celtic.
- We carry dry skin brushes to help you stimulte the lymphatic system, as well as other detoxification products, like bentonite clay and green clay. We also stock foot detox pads, as well as castor oil compresses with flannel inserts.
- We offer fluoride free toothpastes and mouthwashes that do not contain harsh alcohol. We also offer ecofam anti-bacterial toothbrushes infused with silver, and light-activated ionic toothbrushes by Soladey-eco.
- If you are prone to cold sores, we can provide Quantum LipClear Lysine+ lip balm and bandages, as well as Canker Cover to help relieve your canker sores.
- Many people suffer from receding gum lines, tooth aches, cold sores, and fever blisters; Better Living provides homeopathic remedies to help relieve these problems in a safe, natural way.
- The New Roots Exotic Oils Collection is the latest product to cause a stir in the natural skin care industry. These oils come from many different parts of the world, offering a number of rejuvenating and protective properties. At Better Living, you can find Organic Goji Seed, Tamanu, Organic Rosehip Seed, Organic Seabuckthorn Seed, Organic Raw Argan, and Skin Lovers Blend.
- We also offer a number of essential and carrier oils, such as tea tree, grapeseed, almond, lavender, peppermint, chamomile, and more.
Let Better Living help you experience a healthier you, inside and out, with organic beauty products.