Hormones are the signaling chemicals in our bodies that influence everything in our bodies, including our mood, memory, sleep, libido, metabolism (weight loss/gain), menstrual cycle, and stress response, just to name a few. An imbalance in any of these hormones can create a host of symptoms and health complaints that, if not addressed correctly, can lead to chronic health issues.
When cortisol is high for long periods of time, it can cause a decrease in muscle mass, bone loss, a decreased immune system, anxiety, and sleep disturbances. Chronic stress can cause cortisol to stay too low, which can manifest as fatigue, aches and pains, low body temperature, low blood sugar, and low blood pressure.
In women, an imbalance of female hormones may result in premenstrual syndrome, painful periods, mood changes, anxiety, and even infertility. Menopausal women frequently experience at least one of the following symptoms of hormonal imbalance: hot flashes, night sweats, sleep disturbances, weight gain, bones loss, and more.
Fluids iQ Laboratories offer saliva-based hormone tests which are an accurate and non-invasive method of evaluating hormone levels. The samples can be conveniently collected at home or work and are mailed to the lab for analysis. Once the results are received, our certified holistic nutritionists will contact you to book a follow-up appointment where we offer personalized diet, lifestyle, and supplemental protocols to balance your hormones and enhance your health and wellbeing.
The certified holistic nutritionists at Better Living Wellness Clinic in Etobicoke offer the following Fluids iQ hormone tests (Contact us to learn more):
- Stress Hormones:
- Diurnal Cortisol (measures the key stress hormone, cortisol, over a period of one day)
- Adrenal Check (includes Diurnal Cortisol and DHEA-S and their ratio)
- Female Hormones
- Female Wellness: Estradiol (estrogen), progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S and Cortisol (AM)
- Female Wellness Plus: Estradiol (estrogen), progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S and Cortisol x 2 (AM/PM)
- Female Wellness Daily Cycle: Estradiol (estrogen), progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S and Cortisol x 4 (diurnal cycle)
- Male Hormones
- Male Wellness: Estradiol (estrogen), testosterone, DHEA-S, and Cortisol (AM)
- Male Wellness Plus: Estradiol (estrogen), testosterone, DHEA-S, and Cortisol x 2 (AM/PM)
- Male Wellness Daily Cycle: Estradiol (estrogen), testosterone, DHEA-S and Cortisol x 4 (diurnal cycle)
- Circadian Melatonin
Contact us at Better Living Wellness Clinic and Health Store in Etobicoke to learn more about the hormone testing that we offer and how it can benefit you.