Planning to have a baby and becoming pregnant is one of those life changing events during which every woman becomes more health conscious and starts looking for safe and effective ways to ensure the best health for her baby. It is the time in a woman’s life when her body goes through a lot of changes in order to accommodate for the needs of her growing baby. Nurturing a baby for 9 months can take a toll on a woman’s body if she is not supported nutritionally. This may result in complications later on for both the mother and the baby. Your Toronto (Etobicoke) health food store, Better Living, offers Nutritional Consultations with our on-staff Holistic Nutritionist that specializes in preconception, prenatal and postpartum health and nutrition.
Ensure Optimal Nutrition for You and Your Baby During Pregnancy and Postpartum
It is not always safe to just pick up any over-the-counter pill or supplement for different ailments. Therefor it is important to be under the guidance of a qualified nutritional consultant during both prenatal and postpartum periods.
There are safe and effective ways to deal with prenatal discomforts like morning sickness, leg cramps, fatigue, digestive upset, constipation and all other common pregnancy concerns that will help you enjoy this wonderful time in your life rather than suffering through it.
The postpartum period often brings with it a whole new host of challenges that can be easily prevented and dealt with by creating a balanced nutritional intake and correcting deficiencies via the use of foods and supplements. This prepares you to deal with the new demands of breastfeeding, caring for your baby, managing on less sleep and balancing mood swings that are usually exaggerated by hormonal fluctuations.
Your diet, exercise, stress level and ability to remain calm and relaxed all have a direct impact on you and your baby’s health. Your Nutritionist at Better Living will help you with:
Preconception and fertility:
- Nutritional support for maximum fertility for both partners
- Hormonal balance including thyroid support
- Nutritional support after stopping the birth control pill
- Detoxification and heavy metal testing
- Modifying stress response and adrenal support
- Digestive health and healthy balance of gut flora
Pregnancy (Prenatal) Nutrition:
- Optimal nutrient intake for a healthy baby and mother including prenatal multivitamins and omega 3 essential fatty acids
- Prevention of gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, yeast infections, premature labour
- Nutritional support for common pregnancy symptoms: morning sickness, fatigue, heartburn, leg cramps
- Nutritional coaching to choose nutrient dense foods and avoid empty calories and unnecessary weight gain
- Prevention of postpartum depression and mood disorders
- Yoga poses to alleviate pain and tension in the lower and upper back and to prepare hips and pelvic floor for labour and delivery
- Adequate calorie and nutrient intake for lactation and breastfeeding
- Post delivery recovery
- Dietary dos and don’ts for preventing colic and eczema in your baby
- Nutritional support for sleep problems for the mother and the baby
Keep in mind that the need for certain nutrients increases as your body works hard to support the healthy development of your baby so ensuring the optimal intake of nutrients is essential during the prenatal and postpartum period. While pregnant as well as while breastfeeding, your baby’s diet is only as good as yours.
Book an appointment with our Holistic Nutritionist Aleks Morgan at Better Living health food store in Toronto (Etobicoke) to ensure optimum nutrition and health for yourself and your baby. She can be reached at 416-249-1895 or email@example.com.
60-minute Prenatal and Postpartum Nutritional Consultation – 100; covered under most extended health benefit plans.