What is Reiki?
Reiki is a healing technique that releases energy blocks and restores balance in body, mind and spirit. Life force is the energy that is present in all living things. If this energy is weak or blocked, we are more likely to feel unwell. On the other hand, when our life force energy is strong, we are able to remain in good health and experience wellbeing. Reiki promotes a healthy flow of this energy in the body.
Reiki has emotional, mental and physical benefits such as:
- Releases blocked and unresolved feelings
- Balances the energies in the body
- Promotes the body’s healing abilities
- Clears the body’s energy centers
- Promotes self-awareness
- Strengthens the immune system
- Reduces pain and relieves stress
- Induces deep relaxation
- Eases anxiety, excessive worrying and depression
- Supports other treatment methods to speed healing
- Enhances feelings of well-being
- Improves sleep and increases energy levels
- Eases chronic symptoms (e.g. headaches, asthma)
- Strengthens life force energy in the body encouraging faster recovery from a variety of conditions
Reiki is an extremely safe healing technique that does not interfere with any other medical treatments. With the increased popularity of Reiki, scientific studies have been confirming its effectiveness. Increasingly, hospitals in the United States are including Reiki healing with their standard treatments.
Reiki is safe for all ages and stages including childhood and pregnancy.
What to expect during your Reiki session?
At the beginning of a session, Aleks Morgan, our Reiki Practitioner at Better Living, will discuss your concerns, intentions and expectations in detail. You will rest fully clothed on the massage table during the session. Aleks will place her hands either slightly above or gently resting on your body in a specific order. The session generally lasts 60 minutes and may include the use of a pendulum, aromatherapy, crystals and similar modalities.
What does a Reiki session feel like?
Each experience of a Reiki session is individual and may differ from person to person. You may feel heat or cold from the practitioner’s hands, a sensation of warmth or tingling throughout the body. Usually, after a session, you will feel very relaxed, rested and invigorated. Some people may get insights and ideas. Some people may also experience different emotions while releasing energy blockages. Be sure to get lots of rest and drink plenty of water after your session to support your healing process.
How many sessions will I need to see results?
For best results, it is recommended to attend at least 3 sessions within two to three weeks.
60-minute session – 100
Package of 3 sessions – 270